tip o' the day

I really do scream for ice cream

Thursday, August 15, 2013

the fresh 20 - 20 healthy ingredients, 5 healthy meals

let me tell you how much I love the fresh 20...I LOVE it!!!
I signed up with a groupon so I could get a whole year of dinner plans for only $25 bucks...that is like having a mini nutritionist tell you what to eat for dinner for $25 bucks!
So let me explain a little. the fresh 20 is this great website started by a husband and wife team to help make it easier for us to eat clean, green and healthy. You pick a meal plan, normal, gluten free or veggie and then you can download shopping lists, prep lists and recipes for a week of dinners. I think they have breakfasts and lunches too, and a book and whatnot, but I need to make it easy as possible and we are cereal and soupers for breakfast and lunches so I went with just the dinners.
I decided to opt for the gluten free version, although I am not positive that we have any gluten allergies here, we have enough health problems that I figured what the hay.
So every Sunday I download this real easy shopping list, with 20 ingredients and only the exact number of what you need, makes shopping a breeze and really isn't very expensive, I have actually dropped my weekly shopping bill by like 30 bucks. Anyway so you get the shopping list, then the prep list for do ahead things then the recipes for the week. For the most part, my family has loved all the dinners we have made, and at least tolerated the rest. SOme things taste just like it came from a restaurant!
Since we have been following this every week I have noticed some health benefits. Since I supplement all my meals with things like ice cream and butter and bread and coookies...well I can't say I've noticed weight loss from it, but when I am behaving I know it actually minuses some pounds. But things I have noticed for sure are just my overall health. I feel better. I look better, my skin has been glowy and clear, and I am craving greens....that's right, it really is me I swear, but I have been craving kale like a mo fo. I mean today for lunch I had sautéed kale with evoo, garlic and balsamic...yes that was my lunch...
so peeps, I know I have a family of adventurous eaters, I am lucky that way, but I bet the normal version would work for most of your families. It really is a great website and wonderful tool. I highly recommend it.
xoxo
the fresh 20

No comments:

Post a Comment